HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) — “American Idol” judge Lionel Richie has fans buzzing after announcing his 2023 Sing A Song All Night Long tour date on Monday.
The video above is ABC13’s 24/7 live stream.
Concertgoers in Houston will get to see Richie reunite with fellow R&B/Pop legends Earth, Wind & Fire at the Toyota Center on September 2nd.
The 20-city arena tour kicks off in August in Minnesota and includes stops in two other cities in Texas. So if you can’t make it to the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer’s Houston show, you have another chance in Austin or Dallas.
The nine-time Grammy winner took to Twitter to announce Earth, Wind & Fire will join him on the tour that he’s “been trying to do for years.”
“Can’t wait to see you all!” Richie said in a tweet.
Tickets are available for presale starting Tuesday at Citi Entertainment and Ticket Master. General resale starts on 13 March at 10.00
Sing A Song All Night Long Tour Dates:
- Friday the 4th August: Saint Paul, Minnesota at Xcel Energy Center
- Saturday, August 5: Chicago, Illinois at the United Center
- Tuesday, August 8: Toronto, Canada at Scotiabank Arena
- Wednesday, August 9: Montreal, Canada at the Bell Center
- Friday 11 August: Boston, Massachusetts at TD Garden
- Saturday, August 12: New York, New York at Madison Square Garden
- Tuesday, August 15 – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center
- Friday 18 August: Washington, DC at Capital One Arena
- Saturday, August 19: Baltimore, Maryland at CFG Bank Arena
- Tuesday, August 22: Atlanta, Georgia at State Farm Arena
- Friday 25 August: Fort Lauderdale, Florida at FLA Live Arena
- Saturday, August 26: Tampa, Florida at Amalie Arena
- Tuesday, August 29: Austin, Texas at the Moody Center
- Friday 1. September: Dallas, Texas at the American Airlines Center
- Saturday, September 2: Houston, Texas at Toyota Center
- Tuesday, September 5: Denver, Colorado at Ball Arena
- Friday 8 September: San Francisco, California at the Chase Center
- Monday, September 11: Seattle, Washington at the Climate Pledge Arena
- Tuesday, September 12: Vancouver, Canada at Rogers Arena
- Friday 15 September: Los Angeles, California at the Kia Forum
The international superstar, who is best known for his mega-hits like “Endless Love”, last played the Toyota Center in 2017 during his All Hits tour with Mariah Carey.
Richie was a judge on ABC’s “American Idol” for the past five seasons and will return to the judging chair for the 2023 season.
Read more stories about “American Idol,” streaming on Hulu.
WATCH: Survivor of 2018 Santa Fe High School mass shooting makes TV debut during American Idol audition
Copyright © 2023 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.