JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The Jacksonville Jaguars will face the Los Angeles Chargers on Saturday at 8:15 p.m. at TIAA Bank Field for a chance to advance to the divisional round of the playoffs.
The Jaguars won the AFC South title after beating division rival Tennessee Titans on Jan. 7 in another prime-time Saturday.
ESPN 690 will have coverage before the game from 16:00 and a recap after the game.
Here’s what you need to know about Game Day:
GAME DAY TIMELINE AT TIAA BANK FIELD
16.00 All car parks open
16.00 Media Will Call opens near gate 1
17.00 Fan Entertainment Zone opens (southern zone between gates 1 and 4)
17:15 Match day ticket office opens (northern end zone between gates 2 and 3)
18.00 All stadium gates open
19:35 The team warm-up begins
19:59 Jaguars drum line performance
20.00 Performance of THE ROAR
20:02 Jaxson De Ville aerial stunt
20:03 First DUUUVAL delivered by John Henderson
20:06 Jaguars offensive player introductions
20.10 national anthem
[DOWNLOAD: Free Action News Jax app for alerts as news breaks]
There are several transportation options available for you to take advantage of. We are told that the traffic patterns for this game will remain the same as the last games. There are several options you have if you don’t want to drive around the stadium, including St. Johns River taxiand JTA Gameday Xpress.
If you plan to park the Jaguars, please state that you will need a valid parking pass to enter the car parks operated by the team and ASM. Vehicles that do not show a valid parking card will be towed at the owner’s expense.
There are other parking options available near the stadium such as the Sports Complex Garage, The Jacksonville Fairgrounds, and the Tailgaters Parking Lot.
- The Sports Complex Garage Pass can be purchased for single games here. The garage is located near the Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena. Please note that tailgates are prohibited in this garage.
- The Jacksonville Fairgrounds, located on the west side of the stadium, can be reached at (904) 353-0535 or www.jacksonvillefair.com.
- For information on the Tailgater parking lot on the east side of the stadium, please call (904) 353-1126 or visit www.tailgatersparking.com.
RELATED: Mayor Lenny Curry spotlights the Jags as AFC South Division Champions for Saturday’s Wildcard Game
REMINDER ON STADIUM POLICY
- Be clear on game day – the NFL’s clear baggage policy is in effect at TIAA Bank Field. Fans are encouraged to leave all bags at home, but if necessary, it should be either a clear bag no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″ or a non-clear bag no larger than 4.5 ” x 6.5.”
- Mobile Tickets – Fans should have their mobile tickets downloaded and ready to scan before arriving at the gates. To access your tickets, download the official Jaguars mobile app.
- Cashless transactions – Cash is no longer accepted anywhere in the stadium. In addition to traditional scan and chip options, all fixed points of sale will offer tap or scan payment options, including JagsPay, Apple, Google and Samsung Pay.
- TIAA Bank Field is a smoke-free facility. All tobacco products (including e-cigarettes) are prohibited. No re-entry of guests will be permitted.
The first DUUUVAL will be delivered by Jaguars Legend John Henderson. The 6-7, 335-pound former DT lived up to the nickname “Big John” from his very first game to the end of his career ten years later.
[SIGN UP: Action News Jax Daily Headlines Newsletter]
The Star-Spangled Banner will be performed by local favorites and Jaguars season ticket holders Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks of the Tedeschi Trucks Band. Trucks spent time playing with the Allman Brothers, and Tedeschi had a successful solo career. In 2010, the two combined their talents to form the Tedeschi Trucks Band, a blend of American soul, blues, rock and country. The Tedeschi Trucks Band christened Daily’s Place in 2017, and performed the first ever concert in the amphitheater. Tedeschi also performed the national anthem before the Jags’ AFC Wild Card playoff win over the Buffalo Bills on January 7, 2018.
HALF TIME ENTERTAINMENT
Saturday’s halftime entertainment will be a performance by New York-based pop-rock band American Authors. Formed in 2006 at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, the group released their debut album “Oh What a Life” in 2014. By 2018, the American songwriters had generated over one billion global streams. Their instantly recognizable breakthrough “Best Day of My Life” received a triple platinum certification from the RIAA and peaked at 11 on Billboard Hot 100 in addition to being featured in over 600 movie trailers, TV series, commercials and as the theme song for the Stanley Cup playoffs.
click here to download free Action News Jax news and weather apps, click here to download the Action News Jax Now app for your smart TV and click here to stream Action News Jax live.